Monday, July 23, 2012

Qualified

"qualified": be entitled to a particular benefit or privilege by fulfilling a necessary condition

My younger sister said something to me this past weekend that finally cause me to see her as much older than her 16 years -

"You know, Emily, I if I could, I would have your MS for you."

My sister has plenty of health issues on her own, that I would consider much scarier than mine.
It's so different to empathize rather than owning it for yourself. I am still so humbled by her statement.

Being seven years into this particular stretch of the journey that the Lord has me on, I know I wouldn't trade what He has done. Because of my "disability", this on-again/off-again illness, I'm suddenly (or not so suddenly) finding myself qualified for positions that I would otherwise have no business being a part of.

If I choose to, I can humbly walk in this grace-filled path before me and pour into others along the way.
I have such a gift! As I complete my undergraduate degree over the next five months, I'm so eager to see what doors will continue to open as I serve diligently and forge more relationships. I just love being a living example of the Truth that He makes ALL things work together for my good. all things.

Lord, that I would use this authority You've given me with wisdom, tact and grace.



This is my life work: helping people understand and respond to this Message. It came as a sheer gift to me, a real surprise, God handling all the details. When it came to presenting the Message to people who had no background in God's way, I was the least qualified of any of the available Christians. God saw to it that I was equipped, but you can be sure that it had nothing to do with my natural abilities.
And so here I am, preaching and writing about things that are way over my head, the inexhaustible riches and generosity of Christ. My task is to bring out in the open and make plain what God, who created all this in the first place, has been doing in secret and behind the scenes all along.

~Ephesians 3:6-9, The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment